MALIBU DELIVERS UNEXPECTED PERFORMANCE FOR MIDDLE EAST CUSTOMERS WITH 250 HORSEPOWER
Malibu is the first Chevrolet in the Middle East to offer a turbo engine option 2.0 Turbo engine delivers leading 250 horsepower and 350Nm of Torque
Dubai –The all-new 2017 Chevrolet Malibu has remained an enduring classic among its peers since it was introduced more than 50 years ago. Now, its 9th generation, the 2017 Malibu,offers customers two power options – a 2.5L and now and all-new 2.0L turbocharged engine that is now available in the Middle East. The 2.0L turbocharged engine delivers 250 turbocharged horsepower (186 kW) and leads its segment in fuel efficiency with 14.2 km/L.
Stronger and lighter, the new Malibu delivers a more dynamically optimized ride and handling, two aspects that are complemented by the power and performance of the 250hp capable 2.0L turbo 4 cylinder engine. Acceleration from standstill and while underway happen effortlessly thanks to the 350Nm of torque, majority of which are available early on in the acceleration phase thanks to the powertrain’s advanced turbo technology.
The Malibu 2.0T delivers this broad power band for its drivers thanks to the power-dense turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The twin-scroll design of the turbo unit helps optimize the usable power from the engine at low revolutions and virtually eliminates any turbo lag.
The Malibu’s stylish exterior stands out with details that subtly invoke its unexpected performance, such as dual exhaust chrome tips, as well as standard auto diming mirrors. The turbocharged engine will be available in LT and LTZ trim with 10 spoke alloy wheels in 17 and 18 inch rims.
Inside the 2017 Malibu, driver and passengers are cosseted with comfortable cloth or leather seating and segment leading cargo space, cooled front seats as well as dual zone climate control. Infotainment is also best in class thanks to standard phone integration* on the 8 inch screen available on the LT and LTZ respectively. Additionally, Drivers can spend more time with eyes on the road and hands on the wheel thanks to Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system which gives owners a simple and intuitive interface to control various elements including but not limited to audio, navigation (if equipped), comfort settings and more most of which are accessible from the steering mounted buttons or voice command.
Malibu’s MyLink infotainment system gives owners a smart and simple way to access Apple CarPlay. Apple CarPlay takes the iPhone features customers want to access while driving and puts them on the vehicle’s display in a smart, simple manner. That allows drivers to make calls, send and receive messages and listen to music right from the touchscreen or by voice via Siri. Apple CarPlay supported apps include Phone, Messages, Maps, Music and compatible third-party apps. A full list of those apps is at http://www.apple.com/ae/ios/carplay/.
The Malibu 2.0T protects its passengers thanks to a suite of available advanced active and passive safety features at the heart of which is a high-strength steel safety cage. The 2017 Malibu features a list of available preventive safety features which include:
- Front Pedestrian Alert that uses a forward-looking camera to help avoid or reduce the harm caused by crashes with pedestrians ahead of the vehicle. The system can apply automatic last-second braking
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
- New Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Intellibeam, which automatically switches the headlamps to high beam for better road illumination and improved visibility
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Automatic Braking
- Automatic Parking Assist
- Speed limit readout on dashboardChevrolet customers will receive Chevrolet Complete Care as standard. The comprehensive aftersales package promises additional value with competitive and transparent maintenance pricing; one-hour servicing; two days advanced booking; a regional three-year/100,000-km warranty; and four years of regional 24x7 roadside assistance. The 2017 Malibu with the 2.0L turbocharged engine is now on sale in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.